Episode 136: 58 minutes running time
Welcome to the UK’s most listened-to independent music and entertainment podcast.
You want to listen to the show? You have 3 options:
- You can listen by streaming the show straight from our website: just click here!
- Or you can download the show to your computer – or your mobile phone – so you can listen whenever you want, and in the privacy of your own home: just right click here and use the ‘save’ or ‘save as’ option in your browser
- Or if you have iTunes, you can get the show from the iTunes store (free of charge!): just click here and listen to it on your iPod, iPhone, iPad, your computer or other iTunes-compatible music player. Better than radio.
- And you can now get the show on your mobile phone from our friends over at Stitcher.com!
The musical goodness that you can listen to in this week’s show includes:
- Secret Rivals, Prone To Explosions (http://www.myspace.com/secretrivalsband)
- Becky Rose, Competitor (http://www.myspace.com/thisisbeckyrose)
- Rural Roots, That Girl (http://www.myspace.com/ruralroots)
- Philadelphia Grand Jury, Save Our Town (http://www.myspace.com/philadelphiagrandjury)
Some of the talkie bits we cover in this week’s show includes:
- Pigeon Girl came over and talked her way through her Creative Writing homework, but we did decide to set aside some time for conversational Spanish workshops
- Very surprised with the news that The Stig aka Ben Collins from Birstol, is joining Fifth Gear to drive alongside Tiff Nedell. The Stig’s agent has badly let him down. As a contributor said on The Guardian’s website: Lets face it, Fifth Gear could get Michael Schumacher and still be absolutely pants
- A phone conversation with the Omaha Poet – Ian from Nebraska – who tells us about bad news for the Mayor, a ‘use by’ date on the chemicals used to administer the Death Sentence and Pumpkin-flavoured coffee (and there’s a picture of him just below – in everyday Omaha clothes)
- Soph is much missed by her former library colleagues
- Other things…
How did it happen?
On Friday evening we sat in Studio B in rural Oxfordshire and listened to four excellent musical tracks that were so good, that we had to share them with you.
This Reality Podcast is an independently-produced, advertising-free feast of musical goodness and a banquet of all-round entertainment, and all you have to do to enjoy it is to download the show! And it’s free of charge!
Normally we have a phone call slot, if you would like to join us during the show, just let us have your number and we’ll call you. Or you can add ‘thisrealitypodcast’ to your Skype address book.
You want more? Really?
About this production:
The show is recorded live in one take like a radio show. There is absolutely no after-show editing or post-production mucking about. While we were sitting in the studio recording the show we were also Twittering live. Why don’t you come on over and follow the podcast on This Reality Podcast twitter feed.
Did you know that you can send in your email or audio contributions to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave comments on the website?
If you are a band or a recording artist and you would like to send your music in to the podcast, just email us or do the MySpace thing at http://www.myspace.com/thisrealitypodcast or email us at email@example.com.
All tracks are featured and played with the generous permission of the artists and/or their management.
Now go and visit their websites, tell them where you heard them and let them know how much you love their work! And treat yourself, buy a little piece of their work – unsigned, independent recording artists have to eat, you know!
If you would like to contribute your thoughts to This Reality Podcast or air your views on any of the topics we’ve discussed (or anything else that you want to), just drop us a line. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or if you prefer you can leave your comments, your tracks or your words of abuse or encouragement in our drop zone, just go to http://drop.io/thisrealitypodcast.
Or you can just leave your thoughts on the website at http://www.thisrealitypodcast.com.