Episode 152, 47 minutes running time
Welcome to the UK’s most listened-to independent music and entertainment podcast.
You want to listen to the show? You have 4 options:
- Listen at our website: just click here! Or,
- Right click here and use the ‘save’ or ‘save as’ option in your browser to save it to your computer. Or,
- Just click here to listen to it on your iPod, iPhone, iPad, or other iTunes-compatible music player. Better than radio! Or,
- You can now get the show on your mobile phone via Stitcher.com!
The musical goodness featured in this week’s show includes:
- Second Dan, We Can (http://www.myspace.com/seconddan)
- Brad Hammonds, Above The Crowd (http://www.myspace.com/bradrhammonds)
- Kelley McRae, High Rises in Brooklyn (http://www.myspace.com/kelleymcrae)
- Kate Voegele, Devil In Me (http://www.myspace.com/katevoegele)
Some of the talkie bits we cover in this week’s show includes:
- Email us the name of your all time favourite album and tell us why. We’ll write it up and put it on the website. And possibly throw a t-shirt at you too
- Grab yourself a free T-shirt! Tell us your best fantasy band (i.e. Most good-looking band or hairiest band etc) by this time next week
- Totally awesome three-band gig on Thursday night: Spring Offensive; Black Hats; Charly Coombes & The New Breed
- T-Shirts are being ferried around the world to the Twitter winners by our specially trained fleet of Abyssinian mountain doves
- BT’s absolutely amazing broadband service. Not. Which meant we had to postpone an interview with Kelley McRae, who we hear this week
- If you like the way this young band – Duty Luck – sound, why not click here and vote for them?
How did it happen?
On Saturday afternoon we sat in Studio B in rural Oxfordshire and listened to four musical tracks that were so good, we just had to share them with you.
This Reality Podcast is an independently-produced, advertising-free feast of musical goodness and a banquet of all-round entertainment, and all you have to do to enjoy it is to download the show! And it’s free!
Normally we have a phone call slot, if you would like to join us during the show, just let us have your number and we’ll call you. Or you can add ‘thisrealitypodcast’ to your Skype address book.
You want more? Really?
About this production:
The show is recorded live in one take like a radio show. There is absolutely no after-show editing or post-production mucking about. While we were sitting in the studio recording the show we were also Twittering live. Why don’t you come on over and follow the podcast on This Reality Podcast twitter feed.
Did you know that you can send in your email or audio contributions to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave comments on the website?
If you are a band or a recording artist and you would like to send your music in to the podcast, just email us or do the MySpace thing at http://www.myspace.com/thisrealitypodcast or email us at email@example.com.
All tracks are featured and played with the generous permission of the artists and/or their management.
Now go and visit their websites, tell them where you heard them and let them know how much you love their work! And treat yourself, buy a little piece of their work – unsigned, independent recording artists have to eat, you know!
If you would like to contribute your thoughts to This Reality Podcast or air your views on any of the topics we’ve discussed (or anything else that you want to), just drop us a line. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or if you prefer you can leave your comments, your tracks or your words of abuse or encouragement in our drop zone at: http://soundcloud.com/groups/this-reality-podcast/dropbox
Or you can just leave your thoughts on the website at http://www.thisrealitypodcast.com.