Episode 175, 52 minutes running time
Welcome to the UK’s most listened-to independent music and entertainment podcast.
You want to listen to the show? You have 4 options:
- Listen at our website: just click here! Or,
- Right click here and use the ‘save’ or ‘save as’ option in your browser to save it to your computer. Or,
- If you’ve got iTunes, just click here to listen to it on your iPod, iPhone, iPad, or other iTunes-compatible music player. Better than radio! Or,
- You can now get the show on your mobile phone via Stitcher.com!
The musical goodness featured in this week’s show includes:
- Flatline Stereo!, Cherry Bomb
- Alphabet Backwards, Plastic
- Tiger Mendoza, Aim For The Head
- The Rock of Travolta, No Pressure
Some of the talkie bits we cover in this week’s show includes:
- A live, in-the-studio interview with New Zealand acting legend Russell Crowe
- Soph describes the randomness of Gemma’s party that includes a murder mystery where no-one was killed
- The world being in black and white in the old days before colour was invented
- Music festivals used to be free, you know
- The Killing – the US v the Scandinavian version
- HP7a and a possible screening of HP7b (and having to explain Harry Potter to someone. Anyone? Bueller?
- Someone knocking at the door
- Oxford Band Practice where Bren accidentally met Ian, off of Tiger Mendoza
- A Chris Moyles sweary radio out-take
- Bren rediscovering Sisters of Mercy
- Two members of indie-funsters Vampire Weekend being actual vampires
- Very many other things
How did it happen?
Four tracks of top quality musicianship, no commercials and your ears. What could be better than this?
This Reality Podcast is an independently-produced, advertising-free feast of musical goodness and a banquet of all-round entertainment, and all you have to do to enjoy it is to download the show! And it’s free!
Normally we have a phone call slot, if you would like to join us during the show, just let us have your number and we’ll call you. Or you can add ‘thisrealitypodcast’ to your Skype address book.
You want more? Really?
About this production:
The show is recorded live in one take like a radio show. There is absolutely no after-show editing or post-production mucking about. While we were sitting in the studio recording the show we were also Twittering live. Why don’t you come on over and follow the podcast on This Reality Podcast twitter feed.
Did you know that you can send in your email or audio contributions to email@example.com or leave comments on the website?
If you are a band or a recording artist and you would like to send your music in to the podcast, just email us or do the MySpace thing at http://www.myspace.com/thisrealitypodcast or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All tracks are featured and played with the generous permission of the artists and/or their management.
Now go and visit their websites, tell them where you heard them and let them know how much you love their work! And treat yourself, buy a little piece of their work – unsigned, independent recording artists have to eat, you know!
If you would like to contribute your thoughts to This Reality Podcast or air your views on any of the topics we’ve discussed (or anything else that you want to), just drop us a line. Email us at email@example.com. Or if you prefer you can leave your comments, your tracks or your words of abuse or encouragement in our drop zone at: http://soundcloud.com/groups/this-reality-podcast/dropbox
Or you can just leave your thoughts on the website at http://www.thisrealitypodcast.com.