Do you ever have one of those weeks that seem longer than 7 days? This is one for us. Maybe it was the late night we had on Monday because of the Fanfarlo gig? We discuss this and a whole bunch of other things this week as we bring you the all-round entertainment show that is This Reality Podcast, and it is backed by music that’s so good you won’t hear it anywhere else!
As ever, this show was recorded *live* in Studio L in rural Oxfordshire and recorded in one take with no after-show editing or post-production mucking about.
So, the musical goodness that we bring you this week includes:
1. Parlotones, Pretend (http://www.myspace.com/theparlotones)
2. Still Corners, Parallels (http://www.myspace.com/stillcorners)
3. Ivan Campo, Rat Race (http://www.myspace.com/ivancampo)
Second segment musical backing:
Felix Manyé Rodriguez, Meditación En Blues (http://www.felixrodriguez.net)
In between these excellently written, produced and brilliantly performed pieces of music we also bring you:
* Last week’s video message for Lily Allen went down really well with our website readers. This week we bring you a real musician
* A discussion on spotting a Luc Besson film, even with the sound off. Soph says Bren can’t be Luc Besson fanboy because he’s never seen Leon.
* Soph telling us about how far she’s gone in the name of customer service today. But really, if you wanted to know the name of a shop would you honestly ring up the local library to find out? Really?
* Bren’s stunning idea of Origami on the podcast not being the winner he believes it to be
* Or flower arranging
* A quick review of The Invention of Lying
* A chat about the Fanfarlo gig at Oxford’s Jericho Tavern on Monday night (which is why we played Still Corners, they were the 2nd support band and we think they were really good too!)
* Impressions not working – especially Bren’s Shakira impersonation
* Meeting Mica, one of our listeners (and she was really nice!)
* Bren outlines what, in an alternate universe, could conceivably have happened with a singer called Morrison Van (or Van Morrison or something similar)
While we were sitting in the studio recording the show we were also Twittering live. Why don’t you come on over and follow the podcast on This Reality Podcast twitter feed.
Did you know that you can send in your email or audio contributions to email@example.com or leave comments on the website?
If you’re a band and you’d like the podcast to listen to your music, just do the MySpace thing at http://www.myspace.com/thisrealitypodcast or email us.
All tracks are featured and played with the generous permission of the artists and/or their management. Please visit their websites and tell them how much you love their work!
If you would like to contribute your thoughts to This Reality Podcast or air your views on any of the topics we’ve discussed (or anything else that you want to), just drop us a line. Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or if you prefer you can leave your comments (or words of abuse or encouragement) in our drop zone at http://drop.io/thisrealitypodcast.
Or you can just leave your thoughts on the website at http://www.thisrealitypodcast.com.
And if you are interested in what we have played in the past, just hop on over and take a look at our playlist.
And this week’s video is just a very talented musician. This 10 year-old boy has only been playing for three years: