Episode 103: 56 minutes running time
Hello! This week we come to you from the World Famous recording facilities at Studio B, near Witney in rural Oxfordshire, England, UK.
* The really big news is that we’ve forsaken the cavernous Studio L and have migrated to the cupboard-like Studio B. The show is a little shaky because of the new layout, but boy was it easier for us to produce!
* Competition The First! Send us an email stating the capital of the US State of Texas and we’ll send you a free CD!
* Competition The Second! Send us an email and we’ll send you a free podcast T-shirt! Or maybe two!
* Bren has a massive rant about The Brits.
* Bren has a massive rant about the Pilton Music Festival (otherwise known incorrectly as Glastonbury Music Festival)!
* Bren only killed 14 people this week, including 7 unlucky lorry drivers on the M40 who he killed with his magic ray-gun.
* Soph thinks school half-term holidays should be banned or perhaps schoolchildren should be killed. And so should ineffective parents.
* Soph’s found a new band who we’ll be playing next week: The Hype Theory. So that’s forthcoming musical excellence as well as the musical excellence we bring you this week!
You want more? Really?
How about the musical goodness that this week includes:
1. Anima Pop, Bionique (http://www.myspace.com/animapop)
2. Hollie Sheard, Nothing Is Forever (http://www.myspace.com/holliesheard)
3. Lovescandal, Painkiller (http://www.myspace.com/lovescandalnonego)
4. Motorcycle Display Team, Worry Wings (http://www.myspace.com/motorcycledisplayteam)
5. My Chemical Romance, The End (http://www.myspace.com/mychemicalromance) [Just for LizSara]
About this production:
This show was recorded *live* in Studio B in rural Oxfordshire in one take with no after-show editing or post-production mucking about. While we were sitting in the studio recording the show we were also Twittering live. Why don’t you come on over and follow the podcast on This Reality Podcast twitter feed.
To stream this one episode of the podcast to your desktop just click here or you can right-click on that link and save it to your computer and listen to it later. Or why not add it to your iTunes and listen to it on your iPhone or iPod or mp3 player wherever you go? Better than radio!
Did you know that you can send in your email or audio contributions to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave comments on the website?
If you are a band or a recording artist and you would like to send your music in to the podcast, just email us or do the MySpace thing at http://www.myspace.com/thisrealitypodcast or email us.
All tracks are featured and played with the generous permission of the artists and/or their management.
Now go and visit their websites, tell them where you heard them and let them know how much you love their work! And treat yourself, buy a little piece of their work – recording artists have to eat, you know!
If you would like to contribute your thoughts to This Reality Podcast or air your views on any of the topics we’ve discussed (or anything else that you want to), just drop us a line. Email us at: email@example.com. Or if you prefer you can leave your comments, your tracks or your words of abuse or encouragement in our Soundcloud drop box at http://soundcloud.com/groups/this-reality-podcast/dropbox.
Or you can just leave your thoughts on the website at http://www.thisrealitypodcast.com.
And if you are interested in what we have played in the past, just hop on over and take a look at our playlist.