Episode 111: 55 minutes running time
Hello from Oxfordshire, Englandshire, UKshire, and welcome to This Reality Podcast, an independently-produced, advertising-free, feast of musical goodness that has been designed just for your ears!
This week we bring you top music (as usual) conversation (as usual) and a telephone conversation with an ex-pat British poet who lives in Nebraska
If you would like to join the show on the phone, let us have your number and we’ll call you, or add ‘thisrealitypodcast’ to your Skype address book.
- News that we have a couple of literary guests lined up for future inclusion
- No films to talk about this week
- Soph has invented a new word
- A look at the headline acts of the ‘fully revealed’ Pilton Pop Festival Glastonbury Music Festival, which reveals a surprise
- We’ve had a preview copy of the new Ivan Campo album ‘What Went Wrong’, which is excellent
- For some reason, there’s been a significant amount of people commenting *about* this show over here
- The eruption of a volcano in Iceland affecting air travel in Europe
- London failing to make ‘the top 50 cities to live’ – but Manchester made the top 50!
You want more? Really?
How about the musical goodness that this week includes:
- Airship, This is Hell (http://www.myspace.com/airshiptheband)
- Damon Brock, Promenade (http://www.myspace.com/damonbrockmusic)
- Red Light Company, Scheme-Eugene (http://www.myspace.com/redlightcompany)
- Fanfarlo, Drowning Men (http://www.myspace.com/fanfarlo)
About this production:
This show was recorded *live* in Studio B in rural Oxfordshire in one take with no after-show editing or post-production mucking about. While we were sitting in the studio recording the show we were also Twittering live. Why don’t you come on over and follow the podcast on This Reality Podcast twitter feed.
To stream this one episode of the podcast to your desktop just click here or you can right-click on that link and save it to your computer and listen to it later. Or why not add it to your iTunes and listen to it on your iPhone or iPod or mp3 player wherever you go? Better than radio!
Did you know that you can send in your email or audio contributions to firstname.lastname@example.org or leave comments on the website?
If you are a band or a recording artist and you would like to send your music in to the podcast, just email us or do the MySpace thing at http://www.myspace.com/thisrealitypodcast or email us.
All tracks are featured and played with the generous permission of the artists and/or their management.
Now go and visit their websites, tell them where you heard them and let them know how much you love their work! And treat yourself, buy a little piece of their work – recording artists have to eat, you know!
If you would like to contribute your thoughts to This Reality Podcast or air your views on any of the topics we’ve discussed (or anything else that you want to), just drop us a line. Email us at: email@example.com. Or if you prefer you can leave your comments, your tracks or your words of abuse or encouragement in our drop zone, just go to http://drop.io/thisrealitypodcast.
Or you can just leave your thoughts on the website at http://www.thisrealitypodcast.com.
And if you are interested in what we have played in the past, just hop on over and take a look at our playlist.