Episode 117: 1 hour running time
You want to listen to the show? You have 3 options:
- To stream this show via the website, just click here!
- To download the show to your PC so you can listen in the privacy of your own home (and whenever you want): just right click here and use the ‘save’ or ‘save as’ option
- Or why not add it to your iTunes and listen to it on your iPhone or iPod or mp3 player wherever you go? Better than radio!
How did it happen?
On Friday evening we sat in our studio in Oxfordshire and listened to four excellent tracks that are so good we want to share them with you. Then we had a range of conversations about topics so diverse they defy a simple description. And we listened to an interview with author Alex Marsh talk about his new book Sex and Bowls and Rock ‘n’ Roll – that’s what you get in this week’s entertainment package.
This Reality Podcast is an independently-produced, advertising-free, feast of musical goodness and all-round entertainment, and all you have to do to enjoy it is to download the show!
Normally we have a phone call slot, if you would like to join the show on the phone, let us have your number and we’ll call you, or add ‘thisrealitypodcast’ to your Skype address book.
- Bad drivers, we discuss a couple of scenarios that happen far too often
- Film review: Hot Tub Time Machine (a bit meh)
- BTs broadband outage that has kept us quiet for most of the week
- Glastonbury news: U2 are out, Gorillaz are in. Yay!
- Beck Lanehart’s new download service: http://rebeccalanehart.bandcamp.com/
- Happy Birthday to Tom Robinson! (he’s Bren’s hero)
- Alex Marsh (aka Johnny Billericay aka the blogger of Private Secret Diary) giving us an interview and talking about his new book Sex and Bowls and Rock & Roll
You want more? Really?
How about the musical goodness that this week includes:
- Anemo, Heaven is Waiting? (http://www.myspace.com/anemomusic)
- Richard Walters, Flooded Valley (http://www.myspace.com/richardwalters)
- Katherine McPhee, Say Goodbye (http://www.myspace.com/katharinemcphee)
- Elmore, One Step (http://www.myspace.com/elmoreband)
About this production:
This show was recorded *live* in Studio B in rural Oxfordshire in one take with no after-show editing or post-production mucking about. While we were sitting in the studio recording the show we were also Twittering live. Why don’t you come on over and follow the podcast on This Reality Podcast twitter feed.
Did you know that you can send in your email or audio contributions to email@example.com or leave comments on the website?
If you are a band or a recording artist and you would like to send your music in to the podcast, just email us or do the MySpace thing at http://www.myspace.com/thisrealitypodcast or email us.
All tracks are featured and played with the generous permission of the artists and/or their management.
Now go and visit their websites, tell them where you heard them and let them know how much you love their work! And treat yourself, buy a little piece of their work – recording artists have to eat, you know!
If you would like to contribute your thoughts to This Reality Podcast or air your views on any of the topics we’ve discussed (or anything else that you want to), just drop us a line. Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or if you prefer you can leave your comments, your tracks or your words of abuse or encouragement in our drop zone, just go to http://drop.io/thisrealitypodcast.
Or you can just leave your thoughts on the website at http://www.thisrealitypodcast.com.